Psychologist Mullumbimby | Somatic Counselling Mullumbimby Therapist
Looking for a Counselling Mullumbimby Therapist? If you’re looking for a Psychologist Mullumbimby therapist with a twist, maybe it’s time to try a somatic experiencing type therapy, like Focusing Oriented Therapy?
Are you someone who bottles up your emotions, or has trouble confiding in others? Therapy can provide a safe space for you to talk about what you are feeling and experiencing. There is nothing to be ashamed about when it comes to seeing a therapist.
I am a counsellor, psychotherapist, life coach and wellness coach. While my services are based at my Melbourne Counselling Clinic, they are far-reaching due to offering teletherapy (video chat by zoom). My approach involves talk therapy combined with other modalities, such as cognitive behavioural therapy. Somatic psychotherapy and focusing oriented therapy are my two therapies of choice that I frequently use with clients.
Here are some of the issues I work with
- Anxiety – I work with clients to help manage their anxieties. Sometimes anxiety can become all-consuming. Whether it be worrying about money, or what other people are thinking of you, I can teach you coping strategies to reduce your anxious thoughts.
- Depression – Feeling depressed is a very common reason that people seek out therapy. You are not alone. Talk therapy can help by processing your feelings and validating your experience.
- Relationships – Relationships can be a source of great joy, but can also pose some of the most painful challenges when conflicts occur. With individual counselling I can help you develop strategies to overcome some of the distress surrounding your relationships.
- Marriage counselling – Conflict in marriage is common, which is why seeing a therapist can be beneficial if you are feeling overwhelmed. I offer individual counselling, rather than couples counselling.
- Stress – Stress is a universal problem that is often unavoidable. Therapy can help you develop strategies to manage your stress so you can feel less overwhelmed.
- Grief – Grief counselling can help you to work through the emotions you feel after losing someone. You may feel overwhelmed, unable to adjust, and feel depressed. Counselling will be supportive during this time and will help you find ways to cope.
- Sex Therapy – If you are experiencing sexual dysfunction, or dissatisfaction related to your sexual experiences, talking about it in therapy can help to improve your sexual issues.
- LGBT– Individuals who are part of the LGBT community have unique challenges with coming out, and experiencing the effects of stigma. If you identify as LGBT, you may or may not experience conflict with family members who do not understand your identity or relationships. Therefore, seeing a psychotherapist can help you process through these challenges.
- Adults – I see adults for counselling and psychotherapy, for a variety of issues. Counselling is shorter in length, and psychotherapy is longer and tends to be 20 sessions or more.
- Adolescents – I also see adolescent clients and help them through challenges relating to relationships, the pressures of high school, and mental health issues.
- Low self-esteem – Many people come to therapy with self-esteem issues that have proved troublesome for them. Therapy can increase your self-confidence, and help you to see yourself in a new light.
- Anger counselling – When anger gets out of hand it can affect your relationships, your job, and negatively affect your well-being. Counselling can help you get a handle on the anger and develop strategies to manage it as well as reduce your stress.
- Trauma – Trauma is something most people have to endure at some point. It may have lasting effects from abuse during childhood, relationship violence, war, or other traumatic events. Therapies I offer help rebalance your nervous system, and free you from the trapped emotions you have held inside you since the traumas you experienced.
What types of therapy do I offer?
My therapies of choice are somatic psychotherapy, somatic experiencing, and focusing oriented therapy, which focus on the body and healing from trauma. I provide various other therapies as well: existential therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, time-limited psychodynamic psychotherapy, person-centered therapy, among more. The therapies we use will depend on your unique experience and what you come to therapy for.
What are the benefits of finding the right psychotherapist in Mullumbimby?
Finding a therapist in Mullumbimby will be a transformative experience.
Throughout the process of therapy, you will discover that you are much less stressed, and better able to face challenges. Having a safe space to discuss what you are going through is healing. Whether that be through in-person counselling or online counselling, you will notice positive personal growth. As a result of therapy, you will have a better handle on your current issues.
The challenge in finding the right Counselling Mululmbimby Therapist
But finding the right one, can be enough to drive you to a therapist! A quick google of psychologist Mullumbimby, and a list of 330 results in Mullumbimby come up. It’s unlikely we have that many here, but still, having to sift and sort is a pain.
That’s why I made a super easy way for clients to book and have a 20 minute intro zoom chat with me.
You’ll get a quick sense if we’re on the right page. And if I don’t feel that I’m best suited, I’ll most definitely have an idea of someone who would be a great fit. I want you to get the best Counselling Mullumbimby Therapist. That’s why I got into the field in the first place.
Counselling and psychotherapy in Mullumbimby
You will find that short-term counselling in Mullumbimby is an invaluable experience. We will focus on solutions to your current issues and process through what is troubling you.
If you are looking for a deep and profound exploration of your issues, seeing a psychotherapist in Mullumbimby with somatic therapy, may indeed be what you’re looking for.
Psychotherapy can include processing past traumas, or focusing on personal growth and self-awareness.
Mullumbimby Psychologist E.A. says, “Ronnie’s integration of somatic therapy is a welcome addition to the community“
How long does therapy last for?
- Individual sessions last 60 minutes
- Your first session will last 90 minutes
- In-depth sessions may last 90 minutes
- Psychotherapy is longer in duration (typically 20 sessions or longer)
- Counselling is shorter (6-10 sessions typically)
Start therapy today
If you are looking to find a psychologist Mullumbimby therapist, or perhaps you’re looking for a psychotherapist and counsellor in Mullumbimby, you have come to the right place.
I have a non-judgmental and open approach to therapy that will always ensure you are comfortable when delving into difficult topics. I offer a 20-minute free initial consultation; also feel free to book your first session today. While starting therapy can be a big step, you will find it to be extraordinarily transformative and healing.