Taking on too much?
Stress Management and the balance of life
When we’re overly stressed, it can have detrimental effects to our mental wellbeing, relationships, work, and general well being, as well as increases cortisol can lead many other health-related problems.
How Psychotherapy helps with Stress Management
At The Stress Management Melbourne Clinic, our counsellors use a combination of holistic evidence-based techniques, to help you:
- Increase your frustration tolerance
- Stress management techniques to help regulate your emotional well being
- Assertiveness training, to help say no to others, and yes to yourself. This is a good preventative tool to ensure you don’t take on too much.
- Challenge cognitive distortions, and core beliefs
- Learn techniques on how to activate the parasympathetic nervous system – the bodies natural relaxing hormone.
- Incorporate a values-based approach that helps you live a meaningful balanced life.
- Learn and incorporate mindfulness into your daily routine.