How Our Stress Management Melbourne Clinic Can Help
With so many demands from parents, spouses, children, house duties, bosses, deadlines, finding a balance can extraordinarily
Stress Management and the balance of life
We’ve heard it all before – balance is the key to life. The same adage goes along with stress. Too little stress and we’re probably stagnant in our lives. Too much stress and we’ve taken on more than we can handle. It may pass, but then, lo’ and behold it comes back again. Finding the right balance can be tricky. Bad habits, learned maladaptive schema’s from our upbringing, and how we perceive ourselves can get us into trouble. Stress management tools in today’s world is ever more important.
When we’re overly stressed, it can have detrimental effects to our mental wellbeing, relationships, and other facets of our lives, further exacerbating stress levels. Research has shown, that regular stress increases cortisol, leading to problems and many other health-related problems.
How Psychotherapy helps with Stress Management
So how does one actually reduce and manage stress? What are the tools and techniques to manage one’s present state of mind during stressful periods, it’s also vital to be able to Have any understanding of one’s own internal compass as to what they can handle.
While things like time management, are of course important, it’s imperative to have an in-depth understanding of our own values. This ensures that we are being pulled in the right direction towards having a balanced life, helping stress management.
Another important aspect is the ability to be able to say ‘no’. This can be complicated, based on our internal personality schema’s. Psychotherapy and Counselling help achieve what’s called cognitive restructuring, helping one gradually make deep, long-lasting changes in how one treats themselves.
At The Stress Management Melbourne Clinic, our counsellors use a combination of holistic evidence-based techniques, to help you:
- Increase your frustration tolerance
- Stress management techniques to help regulate your emotional well being
- Assertiveness training, to help say no to others, and yes to yourself. This is a good preventative tool to ensure you don’t take on too much.
- Challenge cognitive distortions, and core beliefs
- Learn techniques on how to activate the parasympathetic nervous system – the bodies natural relaxing hormone.
- Incorporate a values-based approach that helps you live a meaningful balanced life.
- Learn and incorporate mindfulness into your daily routine.
Ready to Make a Change?
Teletherapy & Melbourne Counselling
47 Fitzroy Street
+61 488 858 688
HOURS OF OPERATION
Business Hours: Mon to Fri: 10am – 5pm
After Hours: Mon to Fri: 5pm – 8pm
Weekend: Sun: 10am – 3pm