Psychologist South Melbourne Welcomes the Somatic Counselling Brighton Psychotherapist
Psychologist South Melbourne Therapist, welcome Ronnie as the new local Counselling South Melbourne Somatic Therapist
The right local approach to therapy and counselling in South Melbourne could help you get the most enjoyment and satisfaction out of your life on a daily basis as well as with those longer term goals that may currently feel out of reach.
Working with a a counselling South Melbourne Psychotherapist can indeed provide the support you need.
If you’re looking to make a change in the way things are, allowing me to help you get there may just be the ticket you need! Take a look.
The paradox of choice – which Malvern therapist do I choose?
A quick search on google shows there over 800 search results with psychologist South Melbourne.
The good news is, that there’s a lot of us. Especially at a time when therapy is needed some much.
The tough news is, how do you find the right one for you?
It was a question that bothered me. So now I offer a free 20 minute consultation over zoom.
We’ll quickly see if we are well suited. And if I believe someone may be better suited, I will make that suggestion. I want you to have the best care possible. That’s all I care about. That’s why I got into this business in the first place. It’s also why I came to be a Counselling South Melbourne therapist – to better help the community.
I will say that my approach does differ somewhat from other therapists. I now introduce somatic therapy. South Melbourne Psychologist R.L. says “Ronnie’s use of somatic psychotherapy to South Melbourne, is a welcome and much needed modality. All the research does indicate that trauma, anxiety, rests within the body“
What modality can I expect from a counselling South Melbourne Therapist?
If you’re looking for a counselling South Melbourne therapist , you’ll find that my approaches are a little different than others offered by psychologist South Melbourne therapists.
There is a very good reason for this, though, and it’s as simple as this:
I come at your life situation from a different point of view in order to offer you an alternative that can make the difference to your life. My approaches include:
- Somatic Psychotherapy: Commonly also known as somatic experiencing, a lot of my therapy is in this focus. Instead of trying to change your behaviour and emotions by changing the way you think, the goal is flipped! Changing your mindset by changing the way that you feel about it. Since the body is capable of remembering and storing emotions, the goal focuses on changing those emotions and seeing the effects in your mind and thought patterns. A more direct approach, if you will.
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy: Certain things in life are going to be especially difficult for each individual. When approaching this version of psychotherapy, the goal becomes figuring out the patterns that cause the most pain, and then working on how to adapt life to help with this. As well, this shows you how to get in touch with your emotions easier and make sure that you can better identify and express how you are feeling.
- Process Experiential Emotion Focused Therapy (PEEFT): Similarly, this particular kind of therapy helps you understand what you are feeling and how those feelings impact your life. Commonly explained as “increasing your emotional intelligence”, this helps you to use common psychological approaches with a more emotion-focused approach and helps regulate your emotions so that you can understand what’s going on.
It’s worth noting, too, that these 3 approaches, along with classic CBT in small portions, aren’t mutually exclusive.
For the most part, they blend together to help each patient however it’s needed, in a case by case scenario.
One may have more focus than another, too, depending on what each case and patient prefers.
My goal is to work with patients to understand just what they are looking for, and how to give it to them!
What topic areas do you cover for therapy in South Melbourne?
I’m passionate about meeting people where they are and helping them move forward into a secure and comfortable future that is going to be fulfilling and satisfying however they see that definition as belonging to them.
As a Counselling South Melbourne therapist, I differ by by bringing a different kind of therapy to the table, which I’m passionate about; Somatic therapy.
All of my approaches are person-centred and designed to be comfortable and accessible. As a counselling South Melbourne therapist, I’m also easily accessible, in person or via zoom.
As far as general specialisations, however, my focuses include:
- Trauma: Whether it’s trauma from a difficult childhood, work-induced, or just simple life experiences, trauma impacts us all differently. If you are looking for an emotion-focused approach to accepting and dealing with it, I’ll be happy to help. There’s no reason that you need to go through flashbacks and nightmares on your own, after all.
- Anxiety, stress, and phobias: Fear is a strong, strong thing. Whether it takes the form of a phobia, or as generalized anxiety or even stress from work and home life, it’s all the same root. My goal is to offer support and compassion for any kind of anxiety that you are feeling. Even if you aren’t entirely sure which or these you are dealing with, I can help with that as well!
- Relationships: An emotion-focused approach to relationship and couples therapy is unique compared to traditional methods. Since couples often get on a different page from each other because of emotional differences, my approach can often help in both expressing and getting back on the same wavelength, emotionally speaking, so that you can continue on the path that makes sense again.
- Depression Counselling: The grip and grief depression can bring is a pain like no other. Many want to be left alone in this state, which can prevent treatment. It’s a shame, because study after study shows the remarkable improvements one makes when seeing a therapist.
- Anger management: By far one of the strongest emotions that many of us feel, anger and its management can be cause for concern for some of us. Regardless of what “level” you’re at or what kind of situation led you to looking for emotion-based psychotherapy in South Melbourne, I’m happy to help you get a handle on it by showing you how emotional impact your body and how you can use that to your advantage.
Personalised and person-centred care
You deserve to have a professional on your side to help you not only understand what’s going on, and to get you to your finish line, but also someone who is going to be at your side to help you actually get there.
From day 1 until you feel you’ve completed your journey, I will be at your side and ready to walk it all right there with you.
When you find the approach and the right professional to show it to you, it often can be the difference between finding success and simply ending back up where you started, or worse.
The bottom line is that there is no such thing as the “wrong” approach to counselling and therapy, but rather a “better” approach that is going to be individualised to you and your needs.
Isn’t that how it should be, after all? I certainly believe so.
As Your new Counselling South Melbourne therapist, I’m looking forward to joining you on your adventure to a healthy and productive future, whatever that may hold for you.
If you’re ready to get in touch with your needs and experiences and use them as strengthening factors rather than bruises on your personal record, please reach out and take the first step into a future that is going to be comforting, motivating, and entirely designed right to your needs.