Psychologist Adelaide Therapist | Somatic Counselling
If you’re looking for either in person or online counselling in Adelaide, you want to make sure that you’ve got the right match in both the approach used, as well as the areas in which you need help. When it comes to the sheer amount of options for a psychologist Adelaide therapist, the amount of choices can be overwhelming!
Allow me to give you some support by introducing you to a unique approach as your local therapist in Adelaide.
I provide therapy and guidance in a variety of areas.
Serving the Adelaide area, my goal is to help clients find their way to a kind of therapy that is going to be supportive and person-centred.
What type of issues do I counsel in Adelaide?
Everyone struggles differently and needs support in unique areas:
- Anxiety, stress, and phobias: Whether it’s going to be work, general anxiety that permeates everything you do, or specific and very severe phobias, I’m here to help. I understand just how debilitating anxiety can be long-term, so my goal is to always make sure that you’ve got support when and where you need it.
- Anger management: If you have a low tolerance for frustration, then you may be in need for anger management. Knowing the cues of your own anger, and the underlying pain associated with it can help. Real support to help you get in control of your anger in your day to day life.
- Grief: Losing someone you love can break our sense of identity. The adjustment of engaging in life without a partner, parent, or even a pet, can be very disorientating. Having a trained counselor to witness and support you during this time, can help give the transition some tenderness and integration to everyday living.
- Depression: Sadness is one thing, but struggling with something heavy as depression can be more pervasive. Whether it’s coping, a listening ear, or a blend of compassion, I offer some insightful tools to help you get your focus back.
- Trauma: If you’ve experienced trauma your body’s nervous system may dissociate, experience flashbacks, night terrors, and more. If you want to find your way toward a healthy and safe future, the right approach to process the trauma is crucial to find. Recovery from trauma using somatic psychotherapy, can offer a new way to help work through it.
Have a question about whether my approaches for counselling and therapy in Adelaide are going to be right for you and your needs? Consider reaching out and getting in touch to see if I’m the right match for you! I also offer a free 20 minute consultation over the phone or zoom
My approach for counselling in Adelaide that other psychologists may not use.
My approach as a counsellor is going to blend together that of a typical psychologist and a therapist. I use unique approaches in order to help every patient find their way to a brighter future. While it isn’t going to be your traditional CBT-focused idea, the results are also going to be unique — in a good way. My focus areas for counselling and psychology in Adelaide include:
- Somatic Psychotherapy: In a classic CBT approach, the goal is to work to change how you think and that will help you change how you feel. That’s great at times, but there is a more productive way to go about improving your daily life. Specifically, somatic therapy works with your body’s natural learning process and works with that first. Instead of changing how you think, and then feel, this focuses on changing how you feel first, and that will change how you think. By listening to the body’s signals, recovery often is felt faster and easier than taking the CBT approach.
K.L Psychologist Adelaide Therapist says “Ronnie’s somatic psychotherapy, brings a welcome and much needed therapeutic approach to the area“
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy: This is a bit more traditional, yet it still holds an emotional connection to help patients find their way to change faster and easier. With this technique, you’ll learn how to identify recurring emotions and patterns, as well as what patterns cause which emotions. This will help you learn how to avoid those negative outcomes and enjoy easier recovery. As far as past experiences, this also will give you support on understanding how past experience impacts current day occurrences. This is all about understanding yourself on an emotional level and helping you work on interpersonal issues.
- Process Experiential Emotion Focused Therapy (PEEFT): Do you ever have a moment where you can’t understand what you’re feeling or why it’s connected to a specific moment in time? If so, PEEFT can be especially helpful. This approach focuses on untangling and identifying what you’re feeling so that you have more clarity in what is actually happening in a moment of need. The goal with this is to understand how emotional impact our present moments and to work with each patient to change those that are unhelpful and replace them with ones that are. In situations such as couples therapy, for instance, openly expressing how you feel, and sharing with the other person, better clarity and honesty are common positive side effects.
Choosing the right Therapist for Counselling in Adelaide
If you’re feeling overwhelmed in your choices, it’s okay, and understandable.
When googling for a psychologist Adelaide in Victoria, I got a whopping 839 results.
The paradox of choice, can be daunting.
This is the exact reason why I offer a 20 minute free online zoom therapy introduction. I’ll be able to tell you if we’re a good fit. And more importantly, you’ll also have a good sense if you’d like to work with me.
My goal is to understand what you are looking to change, and then applying the right technique to join you in your journey to a brighter and healthier future.
While traditional work with a psychologist in Adelaide can be effective, that isn’t always the case.
For those that fall into that “other” category, or just want a little bit more support on top of traditional approaches, my angles might just be the guide that you’re looking for.
If you’re looking for Counselling in Adelaide, my training as a psychotherapist may just be what you’re looking for.
Everyone’s journey to a strong future is going to be a little different and my goal is to help you get there with as much support as possible.
If you’re ready for a positive change in your life that is going to be logical, supportive, and long-lasting, consider getting in touch!